View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief16 View Post
I will bite and go first with a newbie question. I will be baiting on private land for the first time this year. My question is just about timing of baiting/hunting. For example, if I am working during the day all week with baiting in the evening, when should I be hunting if I plan on hunting during the weekend? I just do not want to walk into my bait station and with bears and blow them out or does that not tend to happen? Thanks for any help!

Every bear will be different. Use trail cameras but make sure u put them in a steal bear box or you will loose them fast. Once your trail cams are set and you have beats hitting your bait consistently. Write down all the times everyday the bears are coming in. Very often you will see a pattern develop and then you can get time frames to when is best to slip into your bait. I’ve done this with good success.

With that being said I have pushed bears off my baits countless times and often they have came right back in while I am still sitting in the tree. I have killed two like this. So don’t be so upset if you do push one off on your way in. Baiting is a lot of fun keep us posted and we will help you as much as we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk