View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 03:48 AM

I saw the list a number of years ago and think the list is seriously flawed. It lists Shih Tzu at 71 and I can tell you that they are a lot smarter that. Back when she was a 7 week old puppy, it took our Shih Tzu less than 15 minutes to train my wife and I. We had her in her puppy crate on the back seat as we pulled away from home. At that instant she started to bark her sharp shrill demanding bark. I pulled over and told the wife to get her out and leave her on the back seat. I drove another km with the dog yapping away in the back. Stopped again and had the wife bring her up onto the console where she could see and get her nose into the air vent stream. The barking stopped, went exactly 3 km. I could extoll many more of her feats and accomplishments, but it would take me a quite while to write but her nose is worthy of mention. Her nose, I have never seen such a sensetive nose on another dog, ever. She is 16 years old now, blind and hearing lost, she hears clapping and very loud whistling, but it is her nose that navigates her about the yard and house. And Heaven forbide if you forget her treat after she has a whiz/poop break, she is quick to remind one of her dues. I will surely miss her when she is gone as I don't think that I will find one as intelligent as this dog.