View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 PM

I went in to a WSS, looking for a 12Ga. defender... Asked the guy what he would recomend. He said double barrel is the only way to go. I like the idea of a double barrel, and looked at a few short Stoegers. I also looked at some pumps, but I really like the doubles. Then a switch flipped. He started saying things like how through his own personal experience, the double is better, because you could put two in them, and with a pump, first one is self defence, and second one is murder... He thought I wanted a home defence gun... fair enough... I told him its for the bush. He then started trying to sell me on a handgun because it will stay nicely under your pillow, or on your nightstand...

He just progressed to the point of (I think) he was giving me tips on what to do if a drug deal went bad, and to always have the hole dug before hand... Nice guy to start, then just went off the handle.

After that, I went to a place in Grande Prairie, and asket to look at a Stoeger 12Ga. double barrell in 20'' He said they don't make those, and that IGA did, and pretty much called me a liar when I protested, and said if I went back, to WSS, and looked at the barrell stamp on the Stoeger, it would actually say IGA. So I did, and took a picture of the Stoeger stamp, with the mob salesman still ranting about where to hide bodies, and went back. He said that was not the gun I was asking for... 12Ga double bbl Stoeger 20''....... Not alot of room for error there.

I am not sure if there is a relation between Stoeger, and IGA, and haven't take the time to find out, but he just said there was nothing ever made like that.

Never went back to that store. It's a shame, because they had some nice pelican cases for the Iphone with a headphone jack coming out, and I haven't seen them anywhere else.