View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetRick View Post
So, short answer here seems to be the buying price for a gun is generally some 75 percent of the asking price?
I would say 75% of NEW, as far as asking, I have never knocked 25% off an original asking price on an offer or on subsequent price drops. If a gun won't sell within 10% of what I think it is worth, I just hold onto it.

The OP was specifically talking about used gun prices on AO and other sites. No mention was made of gun show pricing, nor did I see comments from other posters about gun show pricing but there may well have been one or two. That said, the primary intent of the thread seems to have been to discuss used pricing on the Buy Sell forums.

With respect to missing your point, based on your subsequent explanation I guess I clearly did miss it. I sure did not get that from the first post you did, that one I read as you calling out many of the people that attend gun shows. I did not get that you were trying to clarify the costs, work, investment and expenses of the table holders that attend gun shows and the effect it has on used gun prices at the show.

Quote:
Default interesting comparison
Firearms and ammo for sale posts by the last 3 days!

53 for the 7th of March, 2019 VS 10 for the 7th of March, 2017

36 for the 8th of March, 2019 VS 11 for the 8th of March, 2017

32 for the 9th of March, 2019 VS 8 for the 9th of March, 2017

I think your numbers may be a little skewed. Many of us get our for sale posts deleted by the mods once we sell the gun. There may in fact be more guns for sale this year but I am not sure the numbers you have pulled are real accurate, except for the number for sale right now. Also, the number of for sale threads jumps big time on Thursday, Friday and Sat so time of the week has a big bearing too. I will say used prices do seem to have dropped ion the past 18 months, at least here on AO. CGN hasn't shown the same price reductions.