View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Did you find the number of respondents interesting on the wider survey. Just goes to show how hard it is to run a survey and fight past the apathy...and how in fact 265 names...with minimal Province wide advertising shows a fairly good response. You have to admit.

How about you list a wider range of lakes that fall within Calgary's general area and see where that leads. Maybe you have a better location that simply...someone missed or did not think of. Think about over wintering, food supply, location/distance from Calgary, access, size...etc.
I didn't really find the number of respondents a surprise because "This draft paper was made available, on the My Wild Alberta website for public comment through the month of September 2008." Either you saw the post or you didn't. Had SRD conducted a campaign to gather as may respondents as possible, I'm sure that they would have received allot more input. For that reason I don't think that it was as much apathy about the survey as much as it being ignorance to it even being conducted.

Why would I want to research all of the bodies of water in the area of Calgary to determine which ones would be suitable for the type of fishery that you are endorsing? That's part of the beauty of not being on the side of a new proposal. It is up to the people proposing the change to convince people that their cause is just. If they can't and it goes to a vote then all that anyone has to do is vote no with no requirement for an explanation.

If you are saying that there are no other bodies of water other than Kan Lakes in the Calgary area suitable for this type of proposal then you should state that as one of your reasons for having it there.