View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Keep us updated.

Are there pike where you are fishing?

and it's great to see people targetting "the uglier species",,, one of my most memorable fights was with a HUGE Sucker in the Sheep River. This year, I'm going to target them for pickling, I heard they're a close second to herring.

Great way to get em is to hand-tie your own pickerel rig and keep the hooks close to the bottom [as close as you dare] and tip each hook with half a dew worm....

PS. Use longer shanked hooks, and squeegee the worm on like a swirl tail grub, instead of in a big ball. So it wiggles like spahgetti string in the current, and the suckers can literally suck the worm up in one gulp for a sure set every time ! This works because usually when you are getting hits from a sucker they are just sucking on your worm ball unable to swallow the hook, leading to hours of phantom bites.

" There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965 "