View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 07:36 PM

some cases ive witnessed in my years of fishing.

A young fellow fishing and a good parent with no liking or desire to fish sitting in a lawn chair enjoying the sunshine reading a book at Police lake......kid catches a fish and Dad's reaction......good for you, but has the look on his face like...oh my gawd now what. In that case i tryed to show him how to grab the hook with pliers and roll to allow the fishe's wgt. to remove the hook. But with the barb and the fish lacking wgt it didnt work well...took a couple hard shakes. Without a barb it s my opinion that method works well even with tiny fish.

Keho lake.....pulling up to the launch in the boat.....young couple on fishing on the rocks ..i ask hows fishing?......young lady says good i guess i have a fish on my line but we are too scared to take it off, its got huge teeth and its slippery!!!!!!...possibly barbless the fish would have released itself.

Not that im overly compassionate to the un prepared but kindness must be shown. Maybe if all the law does is give the uneducated a easier way out of their unforseen dilema thats enough, after all every sport fish is important and belongs to all of us.