View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:04 AM

Ion X all the way! No carb issues, no mixing or carrying gas, no pulling your guts out to get it started, so light you can drill all day without being exhausted, reverse is a great feature as is the light on it when drilling inside a dark tent or shack, never had a problem with the battery freezing up, cuts effortlessly, no broken pull ropes when you are 20km back in the bush somewhere, way way quieter, no flooding problems, no spark plugs to change out on a cold morning when you should be fishing. I’ve had just about every problem possible with gas augers it seems over the years. I’ve had a jiffy, the old ones were pretty bullet proof but still problematic for reasons above, I’ve had Eskimo, and the high end Husqvarna. So far this Ion X has been very impressive and I will never go back to a fuel Auger of any kind now but I would suggest you would probably be just as happy with any of the electrics but the Ion X is top shelf in my opinion. My buddy won’t even start his jiffy up anymore when he fishes with me, he grabs my Ion all the time instead. Good luck!