View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
I'm not sure I'd make that blanket statement about guys with rams and guys without rams. Several guys I know have not killed a ram but hunted for 5-10+ years for one, understand sheep and have a true passion for sheep hunting. Others have shot one in a year or two. Does killing truly mean that a person understands or have a fully different opion on the matter? I highly doubt it from what I've seen....and earning one comes in a whole lot of different experiences and cant really be measured against another persons view of 'earning' IMO....
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
I'm going to go with no Rams for gopher as he is avoiding the question, and I would say it takes the average sheep hunter about 10yrs. to get a sheep and sure the odd nube gets one the first year.
Ksteed got a ram on his first try! Does that make him lucky or less of a sheep hunter than guys who have put 10+ years?

He also shoot a monster, maybe that makes him one of the best ram hunters ever, cause there's a lot of 10+ guys that haven't sniffed a ram like that!

Passion for sheep, has no limits or molds, nor does it have to come from experienced or none experienced guys. Wanting to make everything better, and have sheep to hunt in the future is what this thread is about.

Brainstorming solutions, and motivating people to stand up to fight for the cause. And not to do nothing and accept a resolution that only satisfies the paper pushers.