View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 PM

I agree there is more to sheep hunting than just killing. It's your gear you have to buy and upgrade. The committment to stay in shape, so you can get to the places that you want.

And finally it's the hunt, there is nothing more peaceful than hunting sheep. At 6000 to 9000 ft you rarly run into anybody. I have been hunting sheep for three years and I don't get alot of opportunity to get out but when I do I enjoy every second of it. This year I did my dream hunt with horses and mules, it was alot of work but words can't describe the feeling of being out there.

After being bitten with the sheep bug, it's the only hunting I really want to do other than predator hunting ( thats a new ball game). I know my wife and all my friends would say that I am very committed to hunting sheep. Not only do you have yourself to keep in shape you have your animals to feed all year and keep in shape, keep your skills with shooting and maintaining all your tack. Put feed up during the summer to feed your horses and mules.
For me I have alot of time and money invested for sheep hunting, so for someone to come here and claim one guy is more committed to sheep than another guy is just plain selfish.

Ok done That is probably the most I ever wrote in one post before. And I have yet to shoot a Sheep.