View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
Im not saying they shouldn't, but that kind of increase is sickening. I can tell you it wouldn't even be worth it to myself to throw that kind of money at anything hunting related....and just for a tag! Give me a break guys. What youre preaching is well below any sort of rational thinking or promoting a local heritage. Guys that can barely operate Velcro shoes sooner than later, wont make 90+ k per year in the patch fellas. So what will everyones opinion be when 80k per year salary is once again viewed as on the high end? I can promise you you wont have oodles set aside every year for hunting escapades.
So at $80,000/year a guy cant afford $83/month for a $1000tag or $42/month for a $500tag???? Thats the issue, guys dont need to prioritize or care because they can put in for as many as they want and then throw the ones they want away because they invest nothing and the tags mean nothing to them.

And that is only premium hunts like the 438 TS, Suffield Antlered elk, Goat, Buffalo etc. It stops no one from hunting as there are very few of these tags offered and thousands of OTC tags that are still cheap and way higher odds of getting drawn odds tags guys can draw every few years. We're Not suggesting every tag be $1000!!!! But there is definitely a spot on some tags for an increase and them coveted tags need it. And the fact is in this day and age there are just going to be stuff guys can't afford, myself included!!