View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 01:24 PM
OutdoorChet

The Domincan isn't well known for good Bonefish opportunites but I'm sure there are some around. I did a fair bit of looking before I went down there last year for a wedding but I couldn't find much info on it. Although I prefer flats fishing, I decided to book a Deep Sea charter instead as there seems to be quite a few opporunites for that type of thing. I went with an outfit called Mikes Marina. He has been in operation out of Punta Cana for several years and has a really nice fleet of boats. We fished out of the 42' Intrepido and it was great. The water can be a bit bumpy there but the fishing is pretty good. If intersted, check out his website www.mikesmarina.info He was looking at getting in to some inshore type of fishing so he may be set up for that now. If not, I would give the deep sea thing a go. If there is only two of you you may want to look at a split charter to save a few bucks. We did a 1/2 day with him last year and got three nice Dorado. Here's a pic - sorry its so bloody.

Chet