View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:06 PM

Default my wifes first buck and my biggest muley buck to date

this season has been the best so far for me beeing able to watch my wife and kids shoot their first ever bucks my wifes buck she spotted coming across a stubble feild amoungst the staw bales with nose to the ground thankfully we had permission to hunt this quarter we parked got out and set up next the bush in the direction he was headed and had a short wait he topped the hill around 150 yards way and was coming our way at about 100 yards out the wife said make him stop moving so i can shoot so i gave a doe bleat but he didn't stop walking instead he tossed up his head and started to trott right at us she said i wanted him to stop not come right to us we where lucky he had only one thing on his mind at the time as the wind was from us to him but he kept coming and their was six of us sitting side by side the father inlaw and an older buddy of his my wife, me and are 2 youngest
at 50 yards he still hadn't slowed down so i said to the wife he's not stopping so it's up to you to make him stop boom he jumped straight up and kept coming a little slower i bleated once more and he started to trot right at us again boom down he went for good everyone was super stoked that she got him and amazed at how sinle minded they can be in full rut as after being hit the first time he just kept coming both shots hit him square in the chest and the second shot was deffinatly not needed as his heart was done (he was dead on his feet but to horny to notice i quess) unfortunaltly my camera was at home so pics where taken when we got home we only seen 2 whitetail bucks all day no does and only a few muley does so it's a good thing she got this one
my buck was shot the week before in a feild we had been hunting all season only to have to watch them out and about in the next feild over that we couldn't hunt finally they where feeding in this feild and i got him at 200 yards standing watching the does when i shot him he went straight down and 6 does ran right up to him and didn't leave till we walked up to him then they trotted off my buck has 4 on each side and both brows but one tine is broke off about 2 inches from the main beam this is the biggest muley so far that i have been fortunate enough to take
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kays first buck.jpg (92.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg my muley.jpg (138.5 KB, 43 views)