View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugEye View Post
Just looked over the site for afga. I’m a member of the ATA , they look very similar. Are they ? ATA doesn’t really do anything. Salavee are you a member ? What are your highlights ?
Yes, I am a member .. I belonged to different Chapters for most of my adult life. In the early '60's Edm F&G were the first (probably in Canada) to initiate a hands-on Firearm shooting/safety course. We used the old RCMP K Div indoor range when it was situated at the top of Grierson Hill in Edmonton. I and a couple of other members instructed there. We had a lot of young folks involved in that program at that time ..but that was long ago. That would be the major highlight for me .
I think programs like that encourage a continuing and growing membership in the AFGA or any similar organization and almost guarantees that those young kids will be pretty darn responsible firearm operators and Outdoorsmen in the future. It's programs like that the I would like to see initiated again but it might be tough to get thru the BS that abounds these days. Besides, I'm too old now... but you aren't lol.