View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 01:37 PM

The Focus in question is actually an automatic with the dual clutch....but it's neither here nor there at this point. Not that I would be worried about buying the Focus but.....

I found a nice little 2012 Yaris LE with 106K km on it. One of our fine members from AO happens to be a great mechanic, and is doing a 3rd party inspection on the car right now as I type. It's going to be $3500 less for me to buy, all in, than the Focus, and it's the car my daughter really wants....(and quite frankly, we have had super results with the other two Yaris that her older sisters are driving)....so, if it gets a clean bill of health, we will be going to pick it up tomorrow.

On I side note, I ran a lien check on it (because I ALWAYS run lien checks, whether a vehicle is on an AMVIC lot or not)....and it came up as having a registered lien. I called them up, and it is held by their parent company, and will be released / clear title if I buy. Anybody else ever run across that? And do you all run lien checks no matter what? I always figure it is a bargain for $16.75 through AMA, piece of mind and no surprises......

Will keep you posted, and again, thanks for all the replies. TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone