View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 10:47 PM
Banned

Thanks for this post OP. First I have heard of this, and Albertans have a full day to think about it before decisions are made, if I read that article correctly. Interesting. Sounds like any important decisions have already been made, and this article is merely lip service to the idea of keeping stakeholders informed.
In the last 14 days I have driven through Elk Island National Park 12 times. Before that I have driven through it perhaps 500 times. I have never seen or even heard of an Elk or Buffalo crossing Hwy 16. I guess it could happen, but why they call it "The Herd", instead of the north and south herd baffles me. That's question 1.
Question 2 would be about CWD. I didn't know that it was this far west already, and how many confirmed case's are we talking about? I hunt 248 and Blackfoot a lot, and this is news to me.
Question 3. First Nations only allowed to harvest if a cull is mandated? What a surprise. And they can sell the meat? I'll buy a set of 6x6's while we are at it.
Something doesn't add up here people. If "The Herd" is getting too large then I agree a cull might be necessary. I don't agree that "Park Staff" should be making important desicions like this. I respect them, but I never voted for them. I smell red herring , and see ballons rising.
So many questions and concern's, and only one day to think about it.

Edit... Darn, I think I'm going to use up some more point's on this thread. lol

Last edited by waterninja; 05-29-2017 at 11:02 PM.