View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 AM

I used cold water, the washbay I used is at the shop. Don't know the pressure rating but it is for semi-trucks so I imagine it is fairly high. I put it on a solid wood stretcher. You have to be carefull on the sides of the stretchers. I am going to sand down the edges on this stretcher so they are more rounded so I don't blow any holes on the sides. People have said it is messy and fat flying everywhere, but this is untrue, if you start just below the ears and point the wand straight down it all comes off in about 3 big clumps. After doing this I had to spend a few mintues flesh the head and fleshing a bit around the ***** and tail. I had great luck with this, I did this yesterday, when I woke up this morning and looking at the pelt (hide out) I did notice that is was not as dry as the normal fleshing one's. I am not sure if this is due to the colder weather we are having, and the loss of some tempature in the garage or due from the fleshing with water. Maybe a little of both. But if the only con to this is a little more drying time, I have quite a few stretchers so this will not effect me any.

P.s watch the angle you spray at, you have to be on a certain angle with your stream for this to be effective, it won't take you long to figure it out, watch how long you hold the stream in one spot, especially on the outskirts of the stretcher.