View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 10:27 PM

Exactly as per below. IMHO Waterninja, is misinterpreting the BC regs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
In BC to be considered antlerless a deer needs to be less than one year old and have no visible antlers of any length. A deer is considered antlered in BC if it has anything more than a nub with hair still on it in the way of antlers.
Here are the definitions...from the BC regs.

antlered animal - means a member of the deer family over one year of age bearing visible bony antlers.

antlerless animal - means a member of the deer family bearing no visible antlers.The small skin or hair covered protuberances of male fawns and calves do not constitute antlers.

So if I read this, and what Waterninja is "interpreting"

....basically he is saying if you don't see an antler whether it is normally visible or not you can shoot it as "antlerless". For example a one antlered deer with a 75 inch side and a busted off other side you DID NOT see the antlered side.

....or if you see any antler it is antlered. For example a one antlered deer with a 75 inch side and a busted off other side you DID see the antlered side.

So he is saying depending on what way you see the animal you could potentially put either tag on it....can you see an issue here?

I don't believe that is the intent nor the correct interpretation of the law.

But he is the "regulation expert" so I will let him explain.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 01-04-2016 at 10:48 PM.