View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Same here Jay on your new purchase.

Now that your thinking or doing the 280 AI, what is your Harvesting or shooting plan with your other rifle.

Just asking is all.

Do you reload for your self, target shooter, strictly a game harvester, or would this rifle just be a back-up unit for you or others to use once in a while.

Oh, if you have it in 7mm Mag, what do you like and dislike about that cartrage if I may ask.

I've heard that it is a pretty good cartrage over all for North American hunting and shooting.

Don
No plan for my Rem Mag yet, thats what I'm trying to figure out It will be for harvesting, just need to figure out what game and what distances I want to shoot.

I do reload. I enjoy shooting at the range, my range goes to 500 yards, but I always shoot my hunting rifle. I don't think I wouldn't buy a target rifle just for shooting. I will build/buy another hunting rifle.

I don't dislike anything about the 7mm rem mag. But my rifle has a 26 inch chromoly barrel and its heavier so i didn't love carrying it around. I loved my 7mm-08 with a 22 inch barrel, so I split the difference with barrel length and weight with the 280ai with still having good down range "punch"...and I have a lot of .284 bullets too that need to get shot