View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Ok.
Go make some loads up with you’re 26” bbl’d 280AI and report back your findings.

For the record, I’ve got a 25” gain twist .280AI, and albeit a slow twist rate. Getting much over 3050 with 150’s resulted in horrid case life.(high pressure) I can’t see 3 k with 160’s as a high return proposition.

And seeing that cracking the 3k mark with a 160’s in a 7 Rem Mag is doable but you’ll ride the upper end of the pressure threshold to do it. Again this is real world numbers, and dispense with the fast barrel slow barrel stuff too, we tested 5, 24” bbl’d 7 Rem mags and fastest to slowest in barrels was a whopping 25fps, on average.

I’ll still call it a highly unlikely endeavour.

Enjoy this video.

https://youtu.be/N1Sw8fe9hJI

First and foremost, my apologies to jayquiver. Great post and 280ai is an awesome choice. However I feel compelled to reply to "Dick".

My humblest apologies ...... Dick. Oh wise one ......... thanks for the video link, perhaps you should also share it with the Nosler corporation. I do not consider myself an expert. Never have, never will ...... unlike yourself. I simply took the information at hand when you called out Struff55 and went to what I considered to be a reliable source (Nosler.com) for the bullet and cartridge combination listed. Obviously I was dead wrong, for that I apologize and I stand corrected. Sorry to have challenged you, obviously your ego is fragile enough to cause you to launch into an (unwarranted) attack. Peace out.