View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
A 2 or 3 lb. rocky in the current has strong shoulders. 4 lb. line would be a real challenge.

The river can be bad for snags in different areas but bouncing the current will produce rockies. Rockies like the current, that's probably why they aren't caught as much. Most fishermen are fishing eddies and back water holes.

A 3 way swivel 8 inches from bottom with a long pencil weight at the bottom then trail the white fly or maggots 1 or 2 feet off of the 3 way swivel. Bottom bounce where there is enough current to bounce the rig along. Keep the line tight to feel the bite. Rockies have a light bite. If using maggots only use 2 maggots on a size 10 hook.
Beauty advice. I’ll grab some maggots and try it out on Thursday if the rain ends. I’ve got a spool of 6lb floro looking for a home, maybe I’ll set up a lighter weight river rig then my walleye/pike rig I usually use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
I found a decent enough spot and tried jigging for a few hours.
And got skunked again.

I am O'fer for the NSR lifetime and have never had so much as a bite.
I feel your pain. I went out with a couple buddies yesterday and we all got skunked.

It seems when the bite is on you can’t keep them off your hook, and when it’s not you just become food for the mosquitoes.

This year I’ve caught all my NSR fish off spoons. Red devil and alligator patterns. I usually do well with a wild eye Perch swim bait with the orange belly.

Last edited by Etownpaul; 05-29-2018 at 10:05 PM.