View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I am by no means experienced with crossbows,but I have picked one up,and shot tighter groups at 40 yards with a crossbow that I can shoot with a bow.I have seen people that have never used a bow or a crossbow,pick up a crossbow and shoot bull eyes at 40 yards,whereas they couldn't do that at 20 yards with a compound bow the first time out.The range might be the same,but it is much easier for an inexperienced shooter to be accurate with a crossbow,than it is with a compound bow.
which is a good thing, so more inexperienced bowhunters can be more competent or at least have the choice to choose the tool that can help them be the most competent and humane

that said i've put my compounds in guys hands who've never shot before and within 10 minutes had them shooting similar groups to me at 30 yrds.....10 minutes.....a crossbow if 100% capable bow the compound is 98% of that...maybe 99% and i believe the compound is much more versatile, just being able to reload and keep shooting is something, make that first shot count with the noisier crossbow....good luck getting a second shot off with one of those, the crossbow would fit several situations better(new, weak, injured) but most bowhunting the compound is the most versatile of all the bows...it will still be king long after a crossbow is introduced