View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I never said anyone was greedy or selfish. I asked packhuntr who he was talking about when he said a certain group WAS greedy and selfish. Personally I think ALL groups are simply putting their own needs first. Bowhunters don't want more people in the field with them, Crossbow hunters want to be able to access the longer, less crowded bow season, and rifle hunters want anything that might move some people out of their season or lower/equalize the draw pressure. Let's just admit as much. Now let democracy run it's course.....
Fair enough!

My limited experience with a xbow would echo the sentiment that it is an easier implement to maintain in a ready position, is that enough to keep them out of bow season I say yes.

I also really hate the idea of the OP that this will somehow equalize the hunting oppurtunities, even in the wording of the question to be asked it suggests that oppurtunity will likely be reduced by the addition of this weapon in the archery season, so how does that benefit anyone.

Finally the simple idea of just picking up a bow as it stands now allows you into this season suggesting that the oppurtunity exists for everyone. No one is excluded. In fact as it stands you would have more oppurtunity by leaving the xbow in the rifle season. Archery early xbow later in the rifle season this oppurtunity will be lost to everyone if they get put in the archery season.

These reasons are the reasons I will vote no.

All that said the arguements by Stinky crazy and others seem to have validity I will still vote to maintain the seasons as they are.