View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 01:13 PM

Default There She Blows

Heads-Up. The wind was absolutely howling on Cold Lake yesterday from the NW. We called her quits around 12:00noon and was very tough trucking back to shore. Snow packed up in the truck and is still melting off in my garage. She'll be drifted in pretty bad I would suspect especially on the Southern shore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigsy View Post
being winter with the water temps they are able to roam into the shallower areas chasing bait and such because the temps are more evenly spread unlike the summer where they can only live in the depths where the temp suits them. and i think thats where the missconception of always deep comes in.
Agreed. Never caught a Laker in water over 100ft, likely because we never target them over 100ft as it is way easier on the fish and it is much easier to fish. Fishing deep on a very deep lake like Cold is a misconception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptflux View Post
Are you still there right now? I'm interested in knowing if the water is as murky near the PP and Marina as we found elsewhere. We noticed the Marie creek open and flowing pretty fast, so that may be the cause for where we were.
Marie creek does not flow into Cold Lake. Only major system flowing into Cold are the Martineau (North) and Medley (West).