View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfic1 View Post
There are tons of people these days thinking they either need to re-invent the wheel, or shoot something that has been reinvented.

If you think the .325 "flattened" the sheep better than a host of other cartridges that could easily have done it just as well.....so be it.

But if your asking if its the "end all/be all" cartridge...it aint!

I would throw a bet out there, that in the next 7 yrs, it will be a "has been, that wasnt quite a nothing" cartridge.

IMO there are lots available out there, that qualify as a "sheep blaster" long before the .325 WSM does!

READ .338 Winchester Magnum.....How many folks consider this to be a "sheep gun"??
Personally, I wouldn't choose either cartridge for a sheep rifle, but then I wouldn't go out to buy a rifle in either caliber for moose either, I've got my own favorites, and those two don't fit in!
For sheep I'd be looking at something in the 6.5 caliber slot - but then, I look at that particular caliber first for almost EVERYTHING!!

Cat