View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:54 AM

I got Benelli R1 in 3006 and I love it You can't expect a sub moa accuracy from it but it will drop the animal on track. I shot 5 deer in the last couple of years with it and never have to shoot the same animal twice, didn't
have to because they dropped dead on the first shot.

I also own a Sako 85 in 300 win mag and depending on the areas I go, I choose my gun. If I am walking in a bushes and I know I won't be taking any LONG shots then my preference is the Benelli. If I am going to hunt in an open area, then it will be my Sako 85. I have shots deer with this semi and all shots were less then 100 yards whereas, with my sako I dropped the buck and moose cow at 349 and 436 yards. I will never take a shot at moose with my benelli at 436 yards but with my relaible sako, any day.

My Benelli has comfortec stalk so the 3006 pretty much feels like shooting a 243. It is also not cheap and currently they are going for $1899 at WSS. They eat the ammo pretty fast too. It never jammed on me yet even in cold weathers. You cannot go wrong with benelli but also keep in mind, you won't be getting 1 inch groups either. Once I start reloading, then I may have to edit this post