View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
I'm always amazed by people who hold such disregard for a fish type and then really bash on those who may target them,, I don't get it.

The other funny thing (not haha funny), are the people who have their big fish recorded by whatever governing angling body and then think "... well there it is, mine is the biggest ever ever ever!"

Before Burbs were fashionable, we used to target them at night at the canal at McGreg, 30lbs was tops and 25lbs was normal,, I brought this up in another thread and the new record holder had a verbal weep-out,, it's not important. The 12lb Rainbow in the regs is far smaller than the one on AO caught about the same time and I've seen plenty much bigger than the AO one, just because it wasn't reported doesn't mean someone hasn't caught a fish larger or at par or slightly smaller; some people don't fish just to boast.
My father caught a 16+lb walleye at Bassano and BBQ'd it and shared the meal with anyone nearby, when the fish cops came by and saw the fillet'd remains of the fish they asked why he didn't record it as the record Walleye? Because my Dad was fishing & camping with the kids, the fish was second to the weekend.

So Treeguy, good on ya for catching the near record or record for that matter.

And 902,, seriously,, bend your words a bit so they're less confrontational (don't use retard or near cussings, there are kids online, and despite the schoolyard language, it's best that we show it as less the norm amongst "Adults") and anyways, people may share more secret trout spots with you.
a "slink" is NOT a fish type. it is a spawned out salmon that did not get to leave the river after spawning before winter. they overwinter in the river and return to the ocean in very early spring,right around the time the rivers back home open for trout. they are already stressed to the max and near starving from the overwintering in the river.
and i apologize if i seem confrontational i just hate seeing such false information being given on something .