Thread: Vacant Home Tax
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
I beg to differ. Single Family Home prices in Vancouver have been dropping for most of this year. However condo prices have increased.

Recent Sale Report.

This one is so fresh zolo hasn’t updated it yet.

3912 Napier St. Burnaby.

Originally asking 1.49 then 1.44 then 1.39

Sold for 1.34

Tax assessment 1.55

Drip ,drip on the wood chip…
https://www.zolo.ca/burnaby-real-est...-napier-street

PB43

Granted this house has had some cosmetic upgrades but those houses sold in 1970 for less than $5000. I have friends who bought then, lived in them for 30 years and sold. Big return.

In the early 80's I worked with a guy from Czechoslovakia. He was in his late 20's . Came to Canada with nothing after working in Europe. He was about 5 foot 1 and ahundred pounds. He worked his ass off to get ahead.

He worked freelance with me at CTV in the staging dept. when there was work...maybe one day a week. I never saw him complain about a job he was assigned. He had a compact car and delivered pizza at night. He worked freel ance with a cleaning company cleaning up apartments where tenants had died of Aids or violent crime. He lived in a rented basement "suite" .3 small bedrooms and a kitchen/living room. He rented two of the rooms out to others. He saved up enough to buy a condo in a high rise in the west end. He never slept a night in it. He rented it out. On jobs where we provided our own lunches, his was a 1/2 thick piece of balogna between two pieces of bread. On nights when meals were catered[ hockey games] etc. he ate more than 3 guys. He also worked for me doing landscaping. No job was too tough or too dirty.
I can't imagine what he is worth today.

Politicians had lots of opportunity to restrict off shore foreign investment and chose not to. Wonder why that was,

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand