View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
I’d hardly call it wasted money, lol

I do standby my beliefs that the older Annie’s are nicer and a veritable bargain if not abused. Excellent rifles for the money. I’m actually more inclined to invest $$, in a 22 over a centerfire. The 22 is just too much fun and ultimately shot more by me. Too each their own.

If could have only two rifles one would be a elk/moose capable rifle and the other a 22. I know that’s crazy talk as I have many more but that would be my last two I’d ever let go of.

I get it, but the way I see it is how often does a guy shoot at a chickens head from farther that 50yds? The small game hunting crowd isn’t exactly into long range hunts, a beat up old cooey will do the job under 99% of Hunting scenarios (I am speaking of small game hunting like chicken and rabbits, not the groundhoggers). Sentimental value or collector value is a different ball of wax, and varmint hunting is easily dominated buy centerfires, a 204, 22-250, 223 and the like are much better suited for killing coyotes and that size game than any rimfire. If you’re in it to win trophies than like I said, I’d much rather spend the money on a Vudoo.

I’m still standing by the T1X as being one of the better bang for the bucks when it comes to rimfires, and that’s just based on the limited reviews I’ve read or watched on YouTube. The nice part about the Tikka is it uses the exact same stock as the T3.