View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheep nut View Post
I shot my Dall sheep this year with my guides browning 325 wsm. My gun (and me) took a bad spill. The 325 wsm flattened that ram! I wish Sako would make one. Does anyone think they will soon? Let me know if you think it's worth buying.
I own a 30-06, a 270, and a new 325. I shoot custom loads of Accubond 200 grains and I am very satisfied. i recently proved to a fireend just what kind of damage it could do by shooting throug a 10" thick fir tree, and the bullet was a perfect mushroom. I shoot just under 3000' per second, sighted in at 1 1/2' high at 100 yards, using a leupold 4.5x14 scope with compensator. I have shot it many times while dialing in what powder nad grains of powder to use. It is not s hard kicking gun. It shoots no harder then my 30-06. Those who can not handle it can use a limb saver pad and it will protect those who cannot handle the recoil. Of course my belief is...if you can not handle the recoil, why are you shooting big game. I have complete faith of my 325 hitting what I want at 400 plus yards, so a moose at 100 yards is dinner. Bullet placement is always the key, and thats why serious hunters like you are doing your home work. I did mine, and I am very happy. One heads up I will warn those of you who are thinking of buying one, is that Browning has been known to sel some with faulty barrels. My first was faulty, my replacement was great. the difference was the good barrel was made in Japan, the faulty one was from the USA. Look to see which one you have. browning gave me over $400 in Browning grear for my wasted money in sighting in ammo neede to prove the barrel was faulty, only after I threatened to go to the attorney general of my state. I would still buy one though.