View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 09:01 PM

I was up at the cabin this last weekend and a Bayliner got pushed off it's lift and was washed up on North beach and a lot of debris. Big wind and high water.
Talking to a game warden that was trapping bears that started cleaning up some big walleye and white fish that have washed up on shore the last three weeks. Now the bears are into the locals garbage and so it has become a problem. He says if anyone can get a fresh fish of either spices, take it and phone them and they will try to get it looked at by a biologist. With big white fish washing up as well, he suggests that it is not from hook mortality. No smaLL fish, only about 4 lbr's and up. Calling lake defiantly has some monster white fish too, I just wished I knew how to catch them. There must have been a 8 lber on shore a week ago.
If anyone is heading up this weekend, be warned the provincial park dock it toast and the shore has been washed away pretty good so it may be a bit tricky getting your trailer onto the concrete cleats. The long range forecast doesn't look good either for wind this long weekend.