View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Hey Spank,Maybe they were just full of air from bringing them up from the bottom. This happens a lot on Cold lake when fishing deep.
Glad you had fun.
I had one burp while unhooking him and he stayed on the surface about a minute after release before getting himself re-oriented and heading for bottom with a splash of his tail. The others I think were already burped out. Those bellies looked pretty firm though I never felt them. I only touched one before release as he flopped out of the net. The others I unhooked and set back in the water in the net until they swam off. Thanks, yes I had a blast and can't wait to head back! I think I am going to order a bunch of barbless hooks and use them to swap out for on Cold Lake. After seeing all the fish caught around me yesterday with such an incredible fishery I am surprised it's not single barbless hooks only? I will fish the trout there that way voluntarily from now on. Lake Nipigon in Ontario went to single barblees years ago and I think it was a great idea. It's such an untalked about trophy Lake Trout fishery. According to the MNR records the Lake Trout average 18 lbs!!