View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamprotz View Post
White tube or bare jig as long as it had bait. All were caught on or near bottom even though there were lots suspended 30-50ft , we fished 90-115 depending on wind direction , tough on calm days !
Ever tag suspended walleye or ever heard of walleye suspending in Cold Lake and following the big schools of baitfish? Given the size, depths and water temps I could imagine walleye would suspend in there? I saw some nice baitfish balls on the screen yesterday which suspending walleye key in on just like the trout. Originally being from Ontario we used to fish suspended walleye on the Great Lakes and larger inland lakes like Nip****ing. Lake Erie could be alot of fun when the walleye and rainbows were in the same temperature/depth zone. It was nothing to get both at the same depths I was trolling at yesterday and big walleye are known for suspending and feeding on big baitfish like cisco etc as they grow. I ask because with another person or two in the boat we could run my dipsy rigs with a crawler harness and try to cover both species. Wishful thinking maybe?!!

Last edited by The Spank; 07-30-2017 at 01:56 PM.