View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
Ok, this back and forth has gone on long enough and nothing is going to be solved. It is very clear that everyone has their mind made up and there is no swaying them one way or another on the issue of "should a crossbow be allowed in an archery season".

The ABA is the voice of bowhunters in Alberta and that is a fact. You may or may not agree with what they stand for; that is all personal.

If you don't like it, then join up and go to the meetings to make your voice heard. If you do like it then join up, be engaged, and add value where you can.

Complaining on an internet forum isn't going to change anything and if you sit there and do nothing then in my opinion you do not have the right to complain.

This is no different than those who complain about the government but don't bother to vote.
The truth is, the ABA is the voice of it's members, not the voice of AB Bowhunters.

I had my mind made up. I was a fierce opponent of crossbows in the archery season. I was one of the most antagonistic sob's out there, beating up on those who dared think they could wedge their way into my season. I have since seen the error of my thinking (selfishness/greed/fear). So people do change...

You are correct that complaining on an internet forum is a waste of time. I am encouraging those who support crossbow hunting in the archery season to lobby the AFGA and/or the govt of AB with purpose, as I have.