View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Banned

Default Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchow View Post
Bobalong: Have you checked out the Mustad site and the Vid for Slow Death hooks. What I can't understand is that if the Red is going to be the hot ticket, what difference will it make? The Vid shows that the hook is almost completely covered by the Crawler. Very little hook is showing....
Hi Terry
Yes I watched the video, I think the whole red hook thing is a bit over hyped anyway. It is more the shape of the hook than the actual color that interested me, red just happened to be the ones I picked up. I still havn't decided which theory to go with regarding the red hook, some same the red hook simulates blood or a crippled fish, yet red is the first color in the spectrum to disappears (or turn black, not sure which) when you drop into deeper water, which means the color red would not be visible anyway. I think I am going with the invisible part, as I will be using the slow death hooks for lindy rigging as well. With a leech or crawler,it might just give the bait that little something different, maybe not as natural, but definetly different, and sometimes different is all it takes. If you are going to be at Chin we will see ya there.

Last edited by bobalong; 05-15-2008 at 08:37 AM.