View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman View Post
Thank you scel,
Way more information than I was ever expecting, and I especially like the suggestion on the Campground. Great home base for those suggested rivers.

I have heard that the K lakes are very hard to fish and doing a bit more research since the post this morning I may leave those for an early season session.

I would love to just target Bulls only and maybe that can be on one of the days, but I think your suggestions are much better for some novice Fly Fishers to get them some confidence with Brookies/Cutties in the begining of the trip.

Thank you again scel, all the best and tight lines
My pleasure. Do me one small favour please---teach your kids how to pinch the barbs of their hooks. The Livingstone and Highwood see a lot of fishing pressure. There are lots of fish to catch, but some of them are pretty beat up. I hope, one day, you can take your grandkids too!

There are bulls in the Oldman/Livingstone. You can easily hunt for bulls while your kids practice on the cutties. The first time I took my wife out, within 10 minutes she had hooked her first cutty, and then a big bull trout started chasing it around the pool.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes!