Thread: Huskemaw Optics
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
My thought is that anyone can make a lucky first shot. Do it five times in a row, with only five shots from first to last, and you are ready to go hunting IMHO. As for doping the wind, another of those things where a little instruction and a little technology can work together to shorten the proficiency curve. 209x50 is down shooting with John Porter as we speak. John has simplified doping the wind to a point even a caveman can understand it. His DVD is worth watching. Obviously there are times to shoot and times not to shoot but the more I play with technology, the more I realize just how much easier it is to become proficient at longer ranges.

BTW, I ripped off the five shots in a row criteria from Darrell Holland at a seminar of his I attended. It just made so much sense to me that I adopted it as my own criteria. Interesting what you can learn from these guys that basically do it for a living. There is a world outside the local rifle range
That's great if you are a member of our ERT Team. I thought Hunting actually had some emotion and skill to it. If you want to do "take outs" for me it defies having a memorable hunt unless you can remember the target at 700 yards plus. What a joke! of course you can "kill" at most distances with a little coaching and the technology available. I hope you guys learn lots from John Porter..LOL he isn't a member of any "take out unit" I know. You guys are unreal