Thread: Newbie Question
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Welcome to the archery world!

Broadheads that haven’t ever been shot at an animal or a target shouldn’t need to be sharpened. But if you have been shooting them all into targets for a while then they probably should be replaced with a set you only use for hunting. Some guys will tell you to sharpen them yourself, whatever you feel comfortable with I suppose. I buy 2-4 packs of the same head I’m going to use. I use a few heads for practice only then use hew heads to hunt with. I don’t usually reuse heads that have hit an animal, the blades are usually bent or have some imperfection. But again, some guys will tell you if they look fine, then go ahead and reuse them.

Mechanical heads, I tie closed with braided fishing line for practice so they don’t open when they hit the target. Helps longevity of the targets, and then IMO are still sharp and I’ll use them to hunt with. Fixed heads I find get pretty dull after sufficient practice shooting into targets, and I can’t be too bothered to teshsroen them, but it wouldn’t take muchim sure.

Hope this helps.