View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger72 View Post
Was out from dawn to 330 on the 13th 14" of ice lost a rod down the hole, chased it around the tent with the auger every time I drilled a new hole the fish took the rod somewhere else until I gave up as he'd taken it out of camera view..... accidentally touched the auger blade to the side of the tent .... *rip*... caught 17 fish all day all pike one walleye, all on smelts jigging and jaw jacker, last fish as I was pulling my spreaders out of my pocket my pliers went across the ice and went down the hole.... all in all a great day of fishing though....

Sounds like we both had one of those days, lol. First time I’ve ever dropped something down a hole was a couple weeks ago there. Dropped my scale, then spent an hour fishing it out.
It was just after dusk so I had to use the camera with the light and drilled half a dozen holes in the tent. I got lazy on the last hole and ended up slicing my camera cord.
So spent the next 1/2 hr fishing for the camera.
I managed to get the scale using a magnet after that, and I’ve spliced the camera cable back together.
Last year I decided for some reason to put my best rod/reel in the Jaw Jacker, and the line must have wrapped around the trigger loop or the rod tip. Of course it got chomped by a big pike, and I was 2 steps towards it when I seen the JJ bounce, then flip upside down and the rod vanish through the hole. Now I’m always vigilant in checking the line at the rod tip in a JJ. I find the metal crimp will wrap the line from time to time.