View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 PM

RWM; your impression that it is not a ban that they are presenting; but a restriction. I and I bet a few other believe that it's merely a ban by any other name. Take for instance the liberties that the Provincial Chief Firearms Officers take in interpreting their responsibilities; these people create rules where none existed, or amend them to their liking after the fact. It'll be at least as difficult to get as a wilderness carry permit. I would suggest that they include all range officers, gun store employees and bank employees on that list as well. 7-11 night shift staff, the list goes on. Provide me with a list of all shooting victim occupations or even simply what they were doing when they were shot and that will be the start of the list of people who qualify for a body armor permit. Heck, I think my restricted PAL should qualify me, as it proves I've not got a violent criminal history.

It's a ban by any other name, and yet another government office creating office space overhead, salaries, utilities, pension costs, etc, etc. And take a wild guess who foots the bill when the 'user pay' fee doesn't quite cover this surely hyper-efficient departments costs?