View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlizzy View Post
Ramonmark

Really enjoyed this thread. Keep the stories coming if you think of anymore your Grandpa lived an amazing life. It would be cool if he had a Journal I would love to read about his adventures.
Very cool thanks for sharing!
Yeah Grandpa witnessed a lot in his day. He was a police officer, bush pilot and even a test pilot for many airplanes. For a few years he was stationed in Watson lake where he flew a water bomber (the first model he was the test pilot for). Dad said that one sunny summer day him and gramma were walking down town and he could hear and see numerous water bomber flying over head returning or going to somewhere. It may have even been a practice run of some sort. Dad was just a kid at the time and he said he was thinking to himself "I wonder if one of those planes is dad?" No sooner than thinking that one of the planes broke formation and made for a lateral direction to dad's position on the sidewalk. It was too high up for dad to make out the numbers on the plane so dad was still unsure if it was his father. He continued on his way holding gramma's hand. A couple minutes later as dad and gramma were crossing the street he started to feel rain drops. Before they could run across the street for cover they were in a large mist of unforeseen rain. Them and numerous other people on the street got drenched! I guess grandpa used to joke with gramma and say that he'd get her one day. So she used to carry a umbrella as a joking precaution. The worst part about her decision was that it was bright pink and easy for anyone to spot from high up in the air. I guess grandpa was up so high that his load of water was turned to mist by the time it made it to land.