View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 AM

JustFloatin brings up a good point. Because it will be the only "quality" fishery around, it will be popular. I'll be going more often as well. I don't think it should steer people away from signing the petition though. I think it just points out the fact that there aren't many quality trout fisheries around.

I think it would be shortsighted to not support this movement even if it does get busier up there. If it does bring more families, casual fishermen, and experience fishermen to the area, F & W will take notice and perhaps create another quality fishery nearby. If we have enough of them around, then UKL and LKL will go back to their fairly well used current status instead of being overcrowded.

Sundancefisher, I have a question for you. What other lakes around could you see this working? Obviously the body of water has to be able to overwinter with limited to no winterkill and would be able to grow the fish. On a side not, I always wondered why Chain lakes doesn't seem to be able to grow the fish there. I have only been there a few times but I have only caught little guys and only seen little guys. Is there just not enough food there for them? Also, thanks for all of the thoughtful, fact based posts.