View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter49 View Post
Who wants to bet that after the new size limits go into effect, the next thing that will be banned is icefishing on the lakes. Just like all the other "trophy" lakes.
I would... How much do you want to bet? These are large lakes with existing ice fishing. There are no plans now or in the future for such a regulation. Plus this is not a trophy lake and no different than the existing regs except the minimum size is 20 inches in a lake that grows them to 30 inches and from 3 fish down to 1 since the weight of one will equal 3-6 smaller ones. People now wait for fish to be 12 inches before harvest...no one who is against the new regulation is complaining about the fishing now but rather fighting against allowing mother nature to grow them a bit bigger before harvest. A delayed harvest is just a delay. Plus that only means you are delayed harvesting the small ones today. The small ones stocked 4 years ago that have grown bigger and are 20 inches long can be harvested today. Simple and efficient use of your tax payers dollars.

The benefit is in a quality fishery...there are fish for everyone...all year. I would not support an ice fishing closure. Paranoia does nothing but halt benefical progress IMHO. Still..contact F&W and ask them...if such a regulation was introduces as per the petition...would they ever consider a fishing ban over winter...

Now the reason I would bet...is cause...in all honesty...I personally asked before I signed...they said no. :-)

Thanks

Sun