View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
X2.

When asked by a reporter about the players withdrawing their services when the fans had supported them all season to get to the playoffs. Joe Niewendyk(then a calgary flames player and players rep) responded " the fans know their place".

Well that killed it for me once and for all (former big Niewendyk 50 goals in his rookie year fan).

Cancel the damn season too many pigs at trough!
Exactly!!!! How ironic that with these astronmical salaries, the game is softer. Give it ten years and there won't be any contact. I'm 40 years old and attended hockey schools where we were taught to hit. Now the art of the hip check is gone, and if a player has his head down and you hit him with your shoulder, its illegal where in my day it was a beauty open ice hit. I can't stomach these prima donnas. Bring back Scott Stevens and the Wendel Clarks please. Hockey used to be a tough game. Now we get to watch *****s like the Linus Omarks of this world with spinorama figure skating moves during a penalty shot. Cancel the season and the way the game is played today!!!