View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Define purist...

I shoot my bow nearly everyday all year round. Which bow I shoot varies on the season, indoor target/3d/field/hunting. I compete locally, provincially, nationally and rarely internationally...because I enjoy the sport, the culture, the community, and the people. I help out locally at an archery shop working on the odd bow and helping answer questions. I help organize a shoot or two a year. I choose to hunt with a bow all season, because I enjoy the up close and personal aspect and the end game doesn’t NEED to happen. I am quite selective when it comes to some species and others fill my freezer (partially because of my wife’s taste in wild game).

If that makes me a purist...go ahead and place that label on me, I have been called worse. I wouldn’t call myself that, I would just say I have a passion for archery.

LC
There probably isn't a crossbow shooter alive who could outshoot you, offhand. I'd pit you and your compound against any crossbow shooter and you would prove more accurate, at any distance. I'm not giving you any excess credit, it's just a case that a competent compound shooter will always best a competent crossbow shooter.

I'm competent at both and I always beat myself with a compound