View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
What this shows us is that there is a wealth of opinions and desires amongst our fine fishing brothers and sisters. If we continue to use the family analogy...then we should be considering the finer points of sharing and compromise. That means we are not making every pond catch and release, not making every pond 5 - 9 inchers a day, not making every pond 1 under 18 inches etc.

There is a market for many different fishery types and no one group should have a monopoly nor live in the dark ages. While many people obviously like to catch something...anything...and as such want as many fish in the barrel in which to enjoy a day of hopefully catching...others are fine with stocking once or twice a year and harvesting the lake out within weeks thereof.

To each there own and I certainly would not support changing every lake to only one management style/type...simply because to be fair not everyone wants what I want.

I believe some paranoia exists in which people this is a plot to make everything catch and release. That is not possible as that user group would not be happy. The reason some lakes (only a few so far) have been made into a quality lake and public out cry was fairly week was because Bullshead proved it works and because there are so many options to fish put and take lakes that they just don't have the energy to fight a fair compromise...not to mention that not all lakes are suitable for that regulation.

So in the end...let's fight less and just fish in the other person's waders for a while. Is compromise and sharing a bad thing?

Cheers

Sun
hey Sun...nice to see you posting and thats totally sincere
Good post....i agree. Im all for it as long as it doesnt become a blanket policy for alot of lakes.