Thread: 7-08 for moose
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 05:29 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman View Post
@Rio56

If you look back into my earlier post, you'll see that I clearly stated that I wasn't looking for approval of the 7-08, but rather opinions on the 3 loads that I listed in the original post. The fact that so many responded to the round, in the affirmative, was nice to see. However, whatever the group response was, it would not affect my decision to use this
headstamp. I'm 67 y/o. I've hunted my whole life, all over North America, for all kinds of big game. This is not my first rodeo. I don't need, or solicite, peoples approval. This is a forum where people exchange thoughts and ideas. If you can't handle that, maybe you should scroll on...
To make a clear picture for you ...
I was only asking and suggesting that if you comin all that way and the expense . Why not more effort and focus on the moose , game animal .
Here in Alberta our population is twindling and more years for us as residents to apply for and wait , up to 15 years ..
So , you PAY and get a tag with a guide and wanna test your loads ?
I don't feel like you get the whole aspect of the hunt .. Money gets you everything ...and I don't respect that
In the end a $15,000 last day shot for you means what ? would your guide let you shoot at 500 yards

Last edited by Rio56; 03-22-2024 at 05:37 PM.