View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Sherwood Park Fish and Game has a great Outdoor Archery Range.

From their website. Memberships are very inexpensive.

Archery Range
The Archery Range consists of a Main Range and a 3D course. The Main Range has permanent target butts set at 10, 20, 30 and 40 meters. There is also a sand backed crib for shooting broad-heads, and an elevated stand with a 5 meter drop for tree stand practice.
A groomed trail walk approximately 400 meters long has 21 shooting lanes with 3D targets. The 3D targets are put out in April and taken in early September.

https://www.spfga.ca/memberships/

It’s changed a bit, they still have 10,20,30,40m butts but the other half converted to 10,20,30,40,50 yard butts. I believe there was a real broad head target when I was last there instead of the sand pit. I always bring my own broad head target if I’m tuning.

3D walk is a nice setup, worth the price of admission and unlimited use through the summer.
Thanks for bringing this information up gentleman, I hadn't noticed this didn't get updated when we refreshed the website this past fall. I've corrected it & it now reads:

"The Archery Range consists of a main range and a 3D course. The main range has permanent target butts set at 20, 30, 40, and 50 meters and 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 yards. There is also an elevated stand with a 5 meter drop for treestand practice.

The 3D course is a groomed trail walk approximately 400 meters long with 23 shooting lanes ranging from 20 to 40 yards in length. 3D targets are put out on the course in April and taken in early in September."

We feel ours is an exceptionally nice range and our Archery Director Pat Emerson keeps it immaculately maintained. I encourage you to contact Pat with questions at archery@spfga.ca