View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 01:36 PM

When I hunted. I was particular who I hunted with. Needed to have the same values and beliefs. I'd always set up some day trips before and extended trip in the fall. Fishing worked. If we set a departure time of 0500 I was at their place at 455 if they weren't sitting in the truck at 0500 I'd leave. Punctuality was ingrained in me early on in life.

The odd time there would be a 2 or 3 day fishing trip, to see how we got along. I usually did the cooking and cleaning up from the meals. I'm a little OCD in that regard. But they better being taking care of the camp chores. Garbage detail, wood cutting and splitting, fire tending. If they liked to sit on their asses and get plastered that didn't go very far. If they only showed up to hunt and fish and I never heard from them the rest of the year or seldom saw them, I wouldn't invite them.

I had a buddy that was like an older brother. Punctual, pulled his weight, shared the costs etc., no haggling. We hunted and fished together camped with the families etc. It was a great time always. Sure miss him.

BW