Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
[/COLOR]

Well all that could be assummed is that what you posted was FACT.....Half isnt excately a vague word....no one would take your post as a lie.
So are you quilty of your own in RED statement?
It's an interesting freudian slip; Quilty was the antagnonist in Nabukovs book Lolita,, a trickster who knew the truth and donned many hats to drive the protagonist Humbert mad with paranoia to divulge the truth.

This thread is worthy of a Le Carre spy novel. Am I missing something here,, a regulation is going to happen and some are upset that they can't fish a section of an enormous lake. Some are mad that a dock will be closed, and others mad that it may become harder to target fish in their tourny? So what,, to the dockers, go elsewhere,,, to the tourners, go master your skills elsewhere, your pro's, it shouldn't be a problem.

Typically, regs are put in place for a benefit,, it did wonders for the Bow and other streams. Regardless of netting and electro shock studies, why can't the reg changes just be accepted?

What's the complaint? and yes I get it WU/SAWT, bla-bla-bla, conflict but what I don't get is how a handful of fisherfolk be them from boats or shore have a complaint or enough of a selfish complaint to try and block a protective measure.

In fact, I've been bummed by some closures and one happened while I lived elsewhere for many years and after I got back to Alberta and fished the area after it reopened discovered an AWESOME FISHERY even better than the awesome one it was before the reg change.

Odd thread.

Last edited by Gust; 11-09-2011 at 10:58 AM.